1. Personal Information We Collect
When you register on the Platform, we will collect your email address to identify and provide you access to our services. Additionally, you may choose to provide personal information such as your country or city of residence, photograph, first and last names, education, work experience, and any other information you wish to include in your profile. You have the option to leave profile information fields blank or delete any provided information if you do not want it to be published.
We also collect data when you visit or use our services, including the frequency of use, date and time of access, content preferences, and IP addresses to identify and track your usage of the Platform. We may collect information when you log in, read our emails, or interact with the Platform's features.
We do not make decisions based solely on profiles, except for personalization of advertisements and the legitimate prevention of internet fraud. We may obtain information from other platforms when you register via third-party services like Facebook or similar technologies. This may include personal texts or images available on external websites.
2. Purpose of Data Collection
As the party responsible for data handling, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Manage your registration as a user of the Platform and provide access to the services available to registered users.
- Contact you via email to provide updates, information about features, products, or services related to the Platform.
- Respond to your inquiries or requests made through our customer service channels.
- Generate aggregated, non-identifying data for statistical purposes, such as user demographics, jobs or areas of expertise, project impressions or clicks, or visitor demographics.
3. Credit Card Information
If you choose to purchase products or services from our website, you may be required to provide your credit card information. We use Stripe, a third-party payment processor, to securely handle your credit card transactions. Stripe utilizes industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card details and ensure the confidentiality of your information.
We do not store your credit card details on our servers. Instead, your payment information is securely transmitted to and processed by Stripe. You have the option to modify or delete your credit card details at any time through the payment method settings in your profile.
4. Options and Marketing Communications
With your explicit consent, we may use your personal data to provide personalized advertisements related to our products and services via email or other electronic communication means. Your purchase history, interests, and preferences may be used for analysis, user profiling, marketing studies, quality surveys, and improving interactions with our clients.
You have the option to manage your email communication preferences by accessing the Settings section in your User Profile. You can also cancel notifications by following the instructions provided in each communication.
5. Data Retention Period
We will retain your personal data for as long as we have a valid contractual relationship, and for any period required by obligations arising from data processing or as mandated by law.
6. Sharing of Personal Data
- Service Providers: We may engage third-party service providers to render services on our behalf, such as marketing, advertising, communication, infrastructure and IT services, payment processing, customer service, data analysis, and satisfaction surveys. These service providers may have access to your personal data and are required to handle it securely and in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal data to comply with legal obligations, such as responding to lawful requests and orders from public authorities.
When transferring personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area or other areas with data protection laws, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your information and that the transfer is made in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
7. Data Protection Rights
As the party responsible for data handling, we are committed to respecting the confidentiality of your personal data and ensuring the full exercise of your data protection rights. You have the following rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data and to obtain a copy of the data and related information.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if it is being processed unlawfully or is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when the accuracy of the data is contested or the processing is unlawful.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or when the processing is based on legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Right to Object to Automated Decision Making: You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, if such decisions have legal or significant effects on you, unless it is necessary for the performance of a contract, authorized by law, or with your explicit consent
8. Information about Cookies
10. Contact Us
To ensure that we can process your request effectively, please include the following information in your email:
- Your full name and email address used for registration or purchases.
- Any necessary identification documents to establish your identity.
- Specify the right(s) you are exercising or the nature of your inquiry.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint or seek protection of your data protection rights with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection in your country.
Please note that the exercise of these rights is generally free of charge, except in cases where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive. In such cases, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request.
Last updated: 05.24.2023